Friday, April 3, 2009

Trip to the hospital...

I just got home from the hospital...no need to worry, everything is just fine. I got a lil suspicious this morn when I felt a slight "gush" as I was changing positions in bed (which is a difficult task these days lol). I contemplated calling or just ignoring it since sometimes I tend to over-worry ab things. Mom talked me into calling Tidwell's office so I did & the nurse told me I needed to go up to L&D and get checked to be sure it wasn't my water leaking. So, then I automatically started feeling stupid like I was gonna waste everyone's time & it was gonna be nothing & I was gonna look silly. Anywho, I jumped in the shower & got ready & met mom up at the hosp. Told J not to worry ab coming since Mom could & he was majorly busy at work. I got up to the floor & they had me change into a gown, get in bed & hooked me up to the monitors. I didn't expect all that. I figured I'd just go in & they'd do a lil swab & tell me I wasn't leaking & that would be it. But I had to lay there w/ the baby's HR monitor & a contraction monitor strapped to my belly for 20 mins. Which by the way I wasn't having contractions. I immediately got a smile on my face as soon as I heard G's heartbeat. We could hear him moving around too. They asked me a ton of questions, then the nurse had to check me to see if my bag of water had in fact ruptured. WOW! Did that hurt! I had no clue it was gonna hurt like that...I just figured it may be a bit uncomfy...but no, it HURT! She had me cough quite a few times w/ her "hand in there" and she confirmed that I was closed & she didn't see or feel any water leaking. So, to sum it up...my water is not leaking & everything is just fine. I'm cramping a bit & have a it of spotting now which she said would be completely normal after she checked me. I felt relieved & didn't feel stupid like I thought I would...mainly b/c the nurses were very nice & made me feel like if I ever had any sorta suspicion to come on in so they can check it out & that it's completely normal to worry like this w/ a 1st pregnancy. My blood pressure was a lil high at one point which worried the nurse. It was like 135/95 I think??? So she had me flip to my left side & took it a few more times & it came way down & ended up being just fine as well so they told me a was free to go. So me & mom went & had a nice quick lunch at CiCi's...yum! So, Baby G & myself are doing good...just wanted to share my experience. Here's a couple pics mom took:

No comments: