Monday, October 6, 2008

We're Pregnant!







Hi all! This is my 1st entry. It will be a long one since I've basically gotta sum up the last 6 weeks since we found out the good news. I wish I had started this site earlier but I'm here now & ready to write about my journey through pregnancy!

8/26/08- Took a home pregnancy test (actually 5) & found out we are expecting!!! It was a very welcomed surprise since we hadn't "officially" started trying yet. It felt so surreal & it was hard to believe, so I took quite a few tests lol. I just couldn't believe God had already blessed us w/ this miracle! I was 4 weeks & 1 day along the night we found out (going by my last period). We told both our parents that night. Mine in person & Jason's over the phone.

8/27/08- I had my bloodwork done but had to wait for the results. I just really wanted to hear the Dr's diagnosis as "pregnant". In my mind that's the only way I could feel it was real, even though I had all the positive tests. The only symptom I was feeling at this point was just bloating in the belly region. I felt bigger. Although I do know this was just bloat & not baby quite yet.

8/29/08- Got results back from bloodwork, & sure enough...I'm preggers!

8/30/08- Woke up about 1:15 am w/ severe lower abdominal pain. Only lasted about 15 mins & then just disappeared. It was almost unbearable & I thought I needed to go to the ER. Luckily it went away & I fell back asleep. Poor Jason was half asleep rubbing my back trying to comfort me while I sat up in bed w/ the pain. I had no spotting, but of course the worst came to mind & I feared that I had miscarried. It was a Sat night & Labor Day w/e so Dr. Tidwell's office wouldn't be opened til Tue. I knew that if I had called the Dr. that all that could be done was an US to see if everything was ok. So, even though it was so hard, I waited til Tue to call.

9/2/08- Called Tidwell's office & they told me to come in later that afternoon when I got off work for an US. I was nervous. Jason came w/ me. The tech was just awesome. I was 5 wks & 1 day. She showed me that I have a right ovarian cyst & that was probably what caused my pain, which definitely eased my mind. Then she showed us our baby! Or as she called it "the beginnings of your pregnancy"...which I guess I understand she had to call it that b/c you couldn't actually see the baby yet, just a little black sac. But, I still wanted it to be called my baby...b/c it is!!! Didn't get any pictures at this US :-(

9/17/08- Went in for a follow-up US. I was 7 wks & 2 days at this point so I figured it was possible to see the heartbeat but I wasn't expecting to. Well sure enough we got to see & hear it! Let me tell you, it was the most awesome thing ever! We heard it 1st & it just took my breath away. I couldn't believe I was listening to this lil swooshing sound coming from my belly. Jason was shocked too; he couldn't even speak. I cried of course. Then she showed us the heartbeat. Jason got up to take a closer look on the screen; I obviously couldn't lol, but I could still see the lil motion of it. SO cute & precious! We got 2 pics to take home. It shows the yolk sac & our lil bitty bean. The tech said the baby measured 6 wks & 5 days which was 4 days earlier than how far along I was. She told me to wait to hear from the Dr. to know the official due date though. So at this point it was either going to be May 4th 2009 (going by my last period) or May 8th 2009 (going by the US). May 4th by the way is a special day for me & J. It was the day he 1st told me he loved me at the Fiesta Columbus fair back in 2006! :-)

Here are the 2 pics from this days US: The yolk sac is at the top and the baby is the lil oval thing.


9/22/08- 1st Dr's visit, but only saw the PA. She gave me a gift bag of all kinds of stuff & we talked & I asked questions, but then the rest of the visit just ended up being my annual...so I sent J out to waiting room lol. I was a lil disappointed b/c I was expecteing to see my Dr. & for this visit to be all about the pregnancy & the baby but it just ended up being just like a normal GYN visit. I did get my due date confirmed as May 3rd 2009 though, which I wondered why May 3rd when I knew the exact day I started my last period to be July 28th, which would have made the due date may 4th...but she said this is what the Dr. said so this is what we'll go by. Guess it doesn't really make that big a difference anyway.
Well that's all that's happened thus far, but just for fun...
I figured I'd fill you all in on the joyous symptoms I've been having. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being pregnant, but some of the syptoms are wearing on me. Morning sickness kicked in at about 6 weeks. It's basically a constant nauseous feeling. Sometimes I can ignore it or deal w/ it & other times it's bad & I'm in the bathroom. I'm pretty tired all the time. My boobs are sore lol, but not too bad. I've noticed my skin is a little more sensitive. My sense of smell has heightened a bit. Some things that used to never bother me or things I actually liked the smell of make me nauseous now. When I get hungry, I need food ASAP! LOL! No specific cravings so far, just random ones...mostly pizza though! My belly is pudging out already & I have a lil baby bump which I love. Still have my belly ring in & planning on trying to keep it, but we'll see.

Well, sorry so long. I will try my best to keep this thing updated. I've never been real big on this sort of blogging type thing, so bare with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our baby is having a baby!!

Dad & I want to be the first to wish you and Jason all the love and the joy that this little
"ordinary miracle" is going to bring to you.

WLY3,

Mom & Dad

Kelly M said...

I am so excited for you! God has blessed you and I know you are going to be GREAT parents! You are in my prayers!!
Kelly