Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our 1st Wedding Anniversary!

I was so excited about announcing the news that we're having a boy that I completely forgot to tell you all about our awesome anniversary! It was just perfect! The weather was beautiful...cold, but beautiful! Just like our wedding day, but luckily, a year ago it was much warmer! So we started the day w/ lunch @ Jason's Deli cause I had a big craving for their chicken salad sandwich & fruit plate, which is what I get every single time I go. Then we headed to our appointment @ Baby Waves. You can read about the in the previous post ;-). Then after finding out our exciting news, it was time to go shopping for a boy! We went to Babies R Us and got 11 onsies/rompers. Then, to Campus Spirit b/c J was bound & determined to get him a little football lol, so luckily we found a little baby AU football! Then we went to Carter's just to look. Then, to Wal-Mart where we bought our 1st pack of Swaddler diapers, and another 9 onsies/rompers lol. Then, we headed to mom's office to show her all the US pics & the clothes we had bought. She was so giddy! When we left there we still had 2 hours before our movie, so figured we stop by Target. There we got 5 onsies/rompers & 3 pairs of lil socks. Time for dinner now & of course I was craving pizza! We didn't need a fancy meal to make our anniversary special, so we headed to Pizza Hut cause it's my fav! Love their breadsticks & cheese personal pan! We had great conversation over the mighty huge table b/w us lol. J said they have to make the tables big to accomodate the big pizzas...but I didn't like being so separated from him. Anywho, we headed back to Columbus park Crossing for our movie, but had a little time to spare to thought we'd hit up Old Navy to check out their baby stuff. Ended up getting a lil t-shirt & shorts there. Then it was to the movie finally lol. We saw "FireProof" & it was just awesome. Such a great message. Of course I cried. I felt like we both learned from the movie which was nice. I recommend it to all married couples! Throughout the day, we made various phone calls & texts to friends & family to tell them the sex. Oh, and by the way, before you think we went a lil overboard w/ all the rompers & onesies...just know that mostly everything we bought was on clearance which was great b/c we need warm weather clothes since our baby boy is due in May, but the stores need to make room for cold weather clothes now. So we lucked up! After the movie, I came home to a whole buncha purple & silver Happy Anniversary balloons (26 to be exact lol) & a bubble bath & massage. Then we ate cake from our wedding & watched the DVD w/ all our wedding photos. It was a great great day & I'm so thankful for my husband & I have a new-found respect for him! I can't wait to see him be a daddy to our 1st baby boy! We look forward to many many many more anniversaries!

No comments: