So, yep, I got my hair ALL chopped off! No j/k. But I did get ab 3&1/2 inches cut off. I did it yesterday & took mom w/ me for moral support lol. It took a lot for me to do it since I have had my hair so long for such a long time, and even though I did really love my hair long, I was bored w/ it & needed st new. It's kinda still the same haircut, just shorter. I still fix it the same way, flip over & blowdry then curl w/ a 2" barrell curling iron that I love! I dont know yet if I like it better now or not...but I figured hey I might as well do it now so that if I want to grow it back out now's the best time since I'm preggo & hair tends to grow faster. But I do like it. Speaking of hair, geez has it grown on my belly. I hate it! I used to just have a lil bit of cute blonde hair on my stomach which was barely noticable & just glistened in the sun while laying out. But now, uhhh it's dark and up toward the top of my stomach more. So, I've told you ab my new haircut, so onto my new lbs! Last week I had gained 11 lbs. Well as of this morning, I have now gained 14! Wow! I gained 3 lbs in one week! Kinda scary but expected I suppose. I'm just hoping I won't go over 35-40 lbs total in the end. I've kinda started thinking ab how I'm going to look after birth. I certainly have not exercised in the least during this pregnancy. I never did before either. Nor have I eaten healthy either. I eat what I crave, not what I should unfortunately. But mom has assured me that lil G is getting the nutrients he needs so not to worry. Plus i take my prenatals every morn of course. But, I guess I'll worry ab how I look after & hopefully I won't look too bad so I can throw on a swimsuit & lay out & get in the pool! I'm so ready for Spring/Summer to get here so I can get some sun. I feel so pale. I realize I don't need to be as dark as I used to get, but I would still like that sun-kissed glow.
Well, the nursery is painted, but unfortunately we realized today after it was all dry that it needs one more coat. J's not so happy ab it but agrees. We are ordering the boarder today as well so he can get that up. We had a trying time w/ the paint color. We took G's bedding to Home Depot to have the color match system match up the yellow exactly. Well, it looked fine from the lil spot they put on the top of the can. But, once J got it on the walls yesterday, it def was not the right color. It was like a greenish yellow. Not the powder, baby yellow we wanted. So, even though it was matched directly from the bedding, it was way way off. So we headed back to the Depot to get another color. We took the bedding but just picked out a color that we thought would match, w/ the help of the lady working. The color is called Cornsilk. It turned out just right. Looks so much better! I'm ready for it to be dry so we can move the furniture back into place & see how it all looks.
It's getting harder & harder for me to sleep. I'm so uncomfortable. I sleep w/ 2 king sized long pillow on either side of me. I hike my leg up on one & tuck it under my tummy and prop the other one behind my back. I feel bad, but I have yet to use the Snoogle pregancy body pillow J got me. I'll have to wait til I'm only comfy sleeping on one side b/c it will prevent me from flipping back & forth. Right now I'm ok sleeping on my left or right side. I'm done w/ sleeping on my back though. When I do, I get this weird feeling b/c of my vena cava being pressed on by my uterus. And G starts kicking letting me know he's not getting enough bloodflow either. Poor lil guy lol. Getting up from a sitting position is pregrassively getting harder & I know it's only going to get much worse. Bending over is getting difficult as well. Shaving my legs does not come easy anymore!
I have had such an awesome break from work during the holidays. But, gotta head back tom :-( But that's prob better b/c I need to get my butt up & do st productive lol. I can't believe it's 2009! This is the year my son will be born! How crazy is that?!? I'm so excited. May 3rd is not too far away now & I wonder all the time when G will decide to make his debut. I just pray that J is in town & not away for a game!!! I'm getting excited ab his season starting though. His 1st homegame is on March 22nd. Everone keeps joking that my water will break at one of his games lol. He does have a homegame the night before G's due date. So, we'll see. That would make for a fun story though!
Well, this update has gotten quite long. Here are our 23 wks pics. Have a great week everyone!
Wow, looks pretty round here :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment