Saturday, February 7, 2009

3rd Trimester already!

Hi all! Well, let me 1st apologize for missing my post last Sun. I got rather sick after the Super Bowl last Sun night. I came home from our lil shin-dig @ Mom & Dad's (where else?) after halftime b/c I had to be up @ 5 for work & took a shower. Then I had one of my dizzy/orthostatic hypotensive spells when I got out. I've had a few of em & they are scary & I feel like I'm gonna pass out & then when I get over it I just feel like crap basically. Had to call outta work the next morn & everything. Then the rest of the week I was just so tired from working.

Well let's see, I'm up to 19 lbs now...ahhhh! I guess that's pretty normal. I'm def feeling the weight gain too. It is quite difficult for me to get up from my chaise lounge and certainly from the floor. I've been feeling pretty good this week besides just feeling tired. I had a hard night last night though. Pregnancy insomnia is kicking in & I DO NOT like it. I could not get comfy to save my life last night. My belly felt so full even though I hadn't eaten like a huge meal or anything. And I just felt this pressure on my diaphragm that was making it hard to breathe. No position helped, even propping myself up. I finally fell asleep around 2 am then was back up wide awake @ 4:30 am on my laptop & eating poptarts in bed (lol) then went back to sleep around 8ish. Then got up this morn @ 10 am. I have felt completely fine today though & I'm not even too sleepy tonight and it's 10 pm.

I'm off work tom & have a doctor's app. I have to do the whole glucola drink thingy to test for gestational diabetes. The drink they gave me is orange flavored & I;m hoping it wont be too gross. I have to be there w/i an hour of drinking it for them to take the blood work.
My lil homeboy is certainly growing & getting bigger! It's obvious from my ordeal last night w/ being short of breath b/c he is hogging up my whole belly now...he only has room to grow outward now which means I'm expecting a noticable change in my belly size here soon. His kicks are much harder now-a-days. I still love to feel him, don't get me wrong, but it can get a bit uncomfortable at times. He's very active when I get in bed most nights. We have a lil game we play together some nights too...J will be asleep & the lights are out & I don't wanna wake him so I'll just use the light from my cell to see...but I'll lay on my right side & G will be justa kicking and I'll push back w/ my hand in the spot where he kicks and I can actually feel his lil precious feet move across my side. It's so cool. But we'll do that for quite a few mins & it's fun & I just lie there & smile. He's gotten in this weird habbit of kicking me (HARD!) in the same exact spot a lot of the time when I go to sit down to pee (sorry TMI lol). I'm like "Dude, chill out!" Speaking of peeing...good grief I now realize the truth in what ppl tell you ab having to pee every 10 mins literally! I can feel G karate chopping my bladder sometimes & oh goodness, when he's sitting on it...I look like I'm ab to give birth running to the bathroom...and of course hardly any pee even comes out! I'm very excited b/c my baby shower plans are in the works by my great friends. It's prob gonna be the end of March.
Me & J have been doing a lil home improving last w/e and this w/e. Last w/e we FINALLY painted our den & hallway! Mom helped which saved time. It looks so good. We chose a tan/beige color. You can actually see our crown molding now! Before the paint was the cheap white chalky contractor paint they slap on when they remodel houses. It was all stained up & jusy ick (compliments of Cramer). I was so happy to get nice paint on these walls. It looks so so good! And I like being in here more now. We're painting out bedroom next w/e. We did a lil shopping too & got some new furniture & accessories. We got a kitchen table & chairs for our kitchen nook (finally), 2 ladder bookcases (to replace our old ugly hand-me-down ones), an entertainment cabinet (which J loves cuz he finally hooked up our surround sound), a cool big wall clock, some funky new pillows, and some other accesories. We rearranged the den too so now it looks like a nice decorated space instead of just a buncha stuff we had thrown together in a room to make the room useable. We love it. I still have a list of things we need to purchase but just can't do it all at once. I'll post some pics so you can see what I'm talking ab, but there's this great big wrought iron wall hanging that I wanna hang above the ent. cabinet. It holds 4 pics and 3 candles (I think) & it's so perty! I wanna put some framed wedding pics in certain spots on the walls. Then we also need 2 black end tables. So it's not quite complete but it still looks great. I just can't wait to do our bedroom and get the bedding ensemble I've had my eye on @ BB&B for a while now & get some nice stuff hung on the walls in there. All our furniture is mismatched and old, but paint & new bedding will make a huge difference.
Our new kitchen table wont be here for a week prob so I'll get a pic of that when we get it. But for now, here are our 27 week & 1 day pics (since I was sick last Sun, we took em on Mon & I looked hideous b/c I still didn't feel too great), our 28 weeks pics & pics of the den & hallway. And I think I'm gonna make the pics a lil smaller this time since there's so many to post. I had a great dinner out w/ my HS friends tonight & now I'm just chillen & our new den watching TV. Hope everyone has a great week & God Bless!


Ugh, sorry I look so sickly!

J felt a lil jealous & wanted to pose for one lol.


Hallway: Sorry for the dirty mirror, I had just hung it back up.
The den:

1 comment:

Kelly M said...

Sarah I have really enjoyed watching Baby G grow (and you..haha). You are so precious and I can't wait to see baby G in 12 weeks!!!!