Monday, March 16, 2009

33 wks, TMI, Lion's win & Tour of L&D

Hello all! Sorry for not updating last night...I have nothing to blame but my own laziness lol. Well we're 33 wks! Hard to believe only 7 wks left! My weight gain is up to 27 glorious lbs! I feel like he's been shifting positions in there but I'm not sure. And I've been having some serious BH contractions. Some hurt & then some are just uncomfy & my tummy just gets real hard. This may be TMI but I wanna write ab it b/c it's st I'm going thru & I wanna remember it, but a few years back ('04 & '05 I think) I had 2 surgeries to remove a cyst deep under my skin in my, well, girly area lol. Well, the scar is KILLING me from all the swelling down there that naturally comes along w/ pregnancy. Not fun! Makes it hard to walk. Last week at work was awful, esp on Thurs. I had a full day of cases & could barely walk...then my sciatica started hurting which made it twice as bad. I made my 1st call to my doc's office on Fri since the very beginning of my preg when I had the bad abd pain & found out I had a ovarian cyst. My PA Kaye called me back and recommended Tylenol & warm compresses & to stay off my feet. So I had a pretty lazy w/e, which went well w/ J being outta town for his game & all the rain we've had. Practically hasn't stopped raining since Sat. Anywho, I have an app tom & I'll see Dr. Tidwell. I saw her at work on Fri in the PACU after dropping my pt off & she mentioned possibly doing some kinda Lidocaine block shot down there. :-/ She said it might last me til the birth & would just block the pain. So I think I'm gonna get that tom. I'm nervous....I mean, ugh, getting a shot down there!?! HELP! My mom's going w/ me to hold my hand lol! But hopefully it'll help b/c it hurts all the time now. Not just from walking but any movements aggrevate it really.
Well, on a much lighter note...The Columbus Lions are 1-0. J had his 1st game in Charlotte, NC against the Speed this past Sat night & they won 50-49. Dad & Jake drove up to watch the game. I obviously couldn't go so me & mom listened to the broadcast of the game online. It was a GREAT game as you can tell from the score. I'm so proud of J & his team he's put together & I'm WAY excited for the 1st home game this Sun afternoon March 22nd! We play the same team so I hope we can pull out another win in front of our home crowd, but the Speed are really good...but the Lions are better!
I just got home from taking a tour of the L&D floor at Doctor's Hospital, where I work & will deliver. It was a very slow day up there. Mom & J both came along. We saw the rooms where I'll labor, deliver, recover & spend postpartum. Everything was real nice. J asked if they had ESPN on the TV...HA! Typical I suppose. We watched a video on epidurals. I know the whole deal ab them but mom thought it'd be fun to watch even tho J didn't want to haha. It bothered him a bit. I'm thinking "Trust me dear, you'll want me to get it! For your own sake!" ;-)
G's wall name letters came in today & I just love them. Also a buncha other stuff I ordered for his nursery came in last week like the mobile, a blanket, a stuffed monkey & frog, the hamper, nightlight and rug. It's all just so cute! His monogrammed toy bag is hanging on his crib and his monogrammed changing pad cover is on the changing pad & in place. I love seeing his name! I also got st else in that I ordered from ebay that a woman made which are 3 lil metal basket like things (2 smaller ones & 1 larger one). They all have an animal to match the room on them & the larger one has his name on it. I ordered some other handmade things from a website I found as well: a lil wooden box-like thing that holds 4 baskets to store stuff in, 3 stackable memory boxes to put special stuff in to remember, and a wooden storage tote-like thing to store stuff in. All of those things are decorated w/ the animals to match his room perfectly. I plan on putting all 3 of these on the shelves of his hutch/dresser/changing table. Everything's just coming together & his nursery looks so great! Once I get those last things I ordered in, I'll post some pics. I LOVE it & can't wait for G to see it!
My baby shower invites have gone out in the mail & they are so adorable. I will post a pic of it soon. The shower is in 2 wks & I can't wait! Oh & I got a new dress for the shower to replace one I had already gotten. I love this one so much more & it is toooo cute! I look huge but feel really cute in it!
Here's some pics from my 4D US @ Baby Waves on 4/5 (we didn't take any the 2nd time we went back) & my 33 wk pics from last night



No comments: